Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Migration from EasySocial

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Julian
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Expired

Hi everybody,

I am still looking ahead for the migration from EasySocial to Jomsocial.
Unfortunatelly there are still some issues. Is there any news about those:

1. Events
The count of participants in the backend is correct, but when I click on the event, most of the participants disappear. Also the Avatar seems to migrate only from some events and in the events-list not even the default avatar is shown.

Maybe groups have the same issues.

2. Messages
As far as I know, messages are not migrated yet. Any news on that topic? I don´t want to cut all of my members from theire ongoing conversations.

3. Activity-stream-Items
Same about the activity-stream: As far as I know it´s not yet imported. This makes the whole page look totally empty. Is there any news about importing the activity-stream-items?

In the moment, this issues block my migration, because if they are added later, it´s not possible to "update" them anymore.

All the best, Julian!

Attachments:
6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Julian.

Thank you for contacting us.
1. I need access to your site and database to investigate this.
Please:

1. Edit your first post.
2. Click switch below main text field: prntscr.com/fk3hdg
3. Provide your site details: backend URL, admin credentials and FTP: prntscr.com/fk3hwz
4. Let us know that you provided credentials by posting in the same thread.

2-3. No at the moment these options are not available. But hopefully will be added in the future.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Julian
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Expired

2-3. No at the moment these options are not available. But hopefully will be added in the future.

I know that they are not in yet.
That´s why I ask: Are there any plans to get them in in one of the next releases?

In the moment, the migration seems somehow a little bit "halfbaked". Especially the conversations are a very essential content which is not migrated yet, so I will have to wait for it.
And this question is essential, because if you say it is comming in one of the next releases, then I will just wait for it. If you say it will need one more year (or more), I will have to extend my ES-Licenses until I can switch.

All the best, Julian!

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Julian.

Sadly I can't say it will come in next release as most of the development was suspended in order to focus on Joomla! 4 compatibility.
Sure we want to dd more migration options to the tools but I can't estimate when they will be available.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Julian
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Ok, Backend-Access is done. Feel Free to install eXtplorer if you need FTP access.
Please be aware about the following points:

The URL is switched, but the data is the same.
I use Mightysites to connect the databases and two symlinks (images and media). It´s different live-sites that are based on the same data.

Feel free to do a new migration of JomSocial as the JomSocial-parts are not live yet. But please don´t change the other data!

To see what I mean please look into the events. There are many events with many users shown in the backend, but none of the users is shown on the frontend.

All the best, Julian!

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Julian.

I saw the issue on your site.
I will need access to your sites database via PHPmyAdmin.
Please, edit your first post like before and provide those credentials.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński