The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

New Members

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

I noticed that new members on my website do not show up in the activity stream. The privacy settings are all set to private. What can I possible done wrong?

take.ms/EDO3n
take.ms/NyLRVY

Regards,

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Marco.

Thank you for contacting us.
I'm not if I understand you correctly. You want that new member... or new member notice appear on activity stream?
By default there is no such an activity.
If I misunderstood - could you elaborate?

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. I thought that becoming a member was also an action that is shown in the activity stream. If it is not then you can asume this as an feature request. I think that if visitors of any website notice that there are new members this will increase the number of new members.

Regards,

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Imagine what it would be like if any of existing social networks display on your fb wall or tweet stream or what ever wall/stream info about every new member that joined that network? Maybe in very beginning that could be a nice feature when there is no more than 10 new members a day. After that number, it would be unbearable.

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I agree,

For starting communities this would be a great feature. For excisting communities maybe not. In that way the community owners should be able to choose if he wants to use this feature either or not.

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Marco.

I recall that in past there was plugin that create a new user post on stream... or was it a JSPT?
I'm not sure now if it even exist.
No, sorry, just like Vlad said, this would be become unbearable after some time :)
We do not have plans to implement it.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński