Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Discount not wiping out my new purchase

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Rizwan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello,

I got 50% promotion email from Jomsocial. However last time when I purchased based on discount, you guys did not start the new purchase after my original subscription expires(Which was still many months)

As you guys do not properly account for remaining time period before the new purchase kicks in. I am very deeply concerned that purchasing based on this discount offer my previous purchase (10 months remaining) will be wiped out).

You guys did not adjusted the new purchase before.

Please give me assurance that if I take advantage of the Jomsocial 50% discount to purchase it will not wipe out my current subscription(10 months remaining).

Please advise.

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Rizwan.

Thank you for contatcing us.
There are two kinds of purchases - new purchase and renewal.
If you have a license already and you purchase new one - it won't prolong your previous subscription but will start a new one for new purchase.
Usually promo codes are for new purchases - not - renewals. So that was the case last time you purchased.
So pay close attention when reading promotion description - if it won't mention renewals, it will be valid for new purchases only. Thus it won't prolong your ongoing subscription.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Rizwan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Happy Friday Michat,

Thank you for your answer. This has helped to clarify "New" vs "Renewal" subscription.

Please look into the attached word doc which has detail of my current subscription. I paid a lot of money for this subscription and still has 10 months remaining. This is for Jomsocial Supercharged subscription.

In addition along with my sincere congratulations to purchase Joomlart and Gavick (I have developer subscription of Joomlart).

Can you please work on a reasonable plan/package along with 50% discount so that I can combine the Jomsocial Supercharge with Joomlart developer + Gavick)

This will help to consolidate multiple subscriptions and I can maintain/pay on a regular basis going forward.

Thank you sincerely for your kind help.

Rizwan

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rizwan.

I'm sorry but document wasn't attached, could you try again?

We're working on new platform that will combine all JoomlArt, Gavick, iJoomla and JomSocial.
I believe it will greatly improve user experience.
This will take a while but I hope it will be soon - believe me, we also are waiting for it, so we could serve our customers better :)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński