Old messages show up even if deleted

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Guido
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello. I am really looking forward to use the chat system but as by now I am still not able to upgrade. This chat will be nice but is in beta. This should not be used on live sites so far.

If I use JS 4.4.4 on my test site I get tons of old messages brought back to the new message inbox, but those were deleted before. I think that the "other" one did not delete them yet. But why would anyone who has deleted the messages get them back? The cron should be updated to do this job better. I see messages older than many years (2008)! My community has written more than 250.000 messages and 66.000 are still "alive". Why would all users that deleted them need to get those messages back only because the recipient/writer did not delete them. Please fix this otherwise it is not good to upgrade. I can't force my users to delete thousands of mails they deleted before or delete them from the database myself.

6 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Guido,

I see, seems this is valid bug during chat migration.

thank you!

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Guido
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I thought this was ment to be by your developers - then sorry for my yelling words ::side::

6 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Here is the fix,
open this file components/com_community/libraries/cron.php,
find this code

. ' WHERE a.' . $db->quoteName('migrated') . ' IS NULL'
replace to
. ' WHERE a.' . $db->quoteName('migrated') . ' IS NULL AND a.' . $db->quoteName('deleted') . ' = 0'

find this code
. ' WHERE a.' . $db->quoteName('parent') . ' = ' . $db->Quote($msgId->msgId)
replace to
. ' WHERE a.' . $db->quoteName('parent') . ' = ' . $db->Quote($msgId->msgId) . ' AND a.' . $db->quoteName('deleted') . ' = 0'

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Guido
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thank you for this fix but it did not solve the problem. It got even worse as you can see in the screenshot.
I tested with old database and the message inbox is full again with very old messages. I found out that these messages are sent ones.
I believe most users won't delete their sent ones and that's why we have so many imported old messages.

Wouldn't it make sense to just import sent messages if the discussion is still active in inbox folder?

Attachments:
6 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Would you mind provide me backend, FTP and PHPMyadmin access, please?

I will check this issue..

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński