The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

username to have email value and how to hid from registration field

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

hello,
I need help to setup username to be the email address and to be able to hide it from the registration field.I use a component called taxi booking that when somebody makes a booking, it silently register the user by email and name.
This is what I have tried to do but didn't change anything:
First i have tried to modify the file /templates/socialize/html/com_users/registration/default.php following this tutorial joomla.stackexchange.com/questions/17053...-joomla-registration but nothing changed in the registration form.

Second i have created a new override in /templates/socialize/html/com_community/registration/default.php but nothing change yet.

thank you

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Laurentiu.

Thank you for contacting us.
As much as I'd love to help, your request is beyond what we're able to do for customers.
Our support doesn't cover customizations.
Please, read our Support Policy: www.jomsocial.com/support-policy
Also check this solution, I used it on one of my sites: stackoverflow.com/questions/21268615/how...oomla-3-registration

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

ok, but I understand that Joomsocial is using his own registration file and not the Joomla /registration/default.php.
Can you please advice me if this method would work:
"Following same idea, a simpler solution might be just including hidden inputs with values in com_users\views\registration\tmpl\default.php above

<button type="submit" class="btn btn-primary validate"><?php echo JText::_('JREGISTER');?></button>

add

<input type="hidden" id="jform[username]" name="jform[username]" value="username" />
It would pass the validation and you would no longer need to override controllers etc."

where more exacltly i should add this line

Thank you

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Laurentiu.

JomSocial uses just own registration field layout. It uses the same registration controller: ROOT/components/com_users/controllers/registration.php
JS layout field uses nearly the same code. You may try method you posted.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński