Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Posting a Video URL with a caption fails

6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

When I am posting a YouTube video URL and put a caption in the post, it fails. A post is made but the video is blank. If I repost the video URL without specifying a caption, then it works. This doesn't happen 100% of the time but it has happened consistently enough over the period of many years for me to know that there is a problem.

I made a post about this in the past but never got a final resolution to the problem. I believe you need to examine the process of grabbing the embed code from a video URL when it is posted because periodically a blank video is posted and it is a pretty aggravating bug that I've been dealing with for years. I have tried to get by this by just reposting the video and after reposting enough times, it usually works. As the owner of this site, I am willing to do that because I want to build a community with good content but most users won't have the patience to repost a video URL until it works. It should work the first time and should do so every single time. Please look into this. Thanks.

6 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Chris,

Would you mind provide me backend and FTP access, please? I will test it on your site..

Actaully this issue is working fine on our demo page..

thank you!

6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I will inbox you this info. Thanks.

6 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Chris,

I still dont get inbox from you.. please you put the credentials info to first post, and put it on private field

thank you

6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I just sent the inbox message. Please confirm that you received it. Thanks.

6 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Chris,

Seems the video is broken, I tried to open the video directly and loading forever mysoulrebel.com/videos/videos/42/uFzjq1DPVG8.mp4

Anyway, seems your account already expired, would you mind to renewal it please? so we can continue inspect your issue and move this topic to technical sub forum.

thank you

6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

My account has NOT expired. Look closer.

The original video link from YouTube is NOT broken. I sent you that link as an example of what happens when I post a URL from YouTube but it fails in posting correctly on the website. Please look into this bug.

Attachments:
6 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

HI Chris,

Oh ya sorry for that, next time we will improve so the members on forum can see the subscription status :)

I just tested linked new video from youtube and works fine..

the link which you provided via PM, that is not from youtube, if I see the video source its coming from upload video

Attachments:
6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

As I said in the original post, it doesn't happen every time but it happens consistently enough and has been happening consistently FOR YEARS NOW for me to know that there is a problem that SOMETIMES occurs with posting video URLs. Here is an example where one of our users posted the URL for this video www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc9prZ-1fv8 but JomSocial failed in posting the embed code but pasted the title and description www.mysoulrebel.com/index.php/all-videos...-irie-fm?groupid=134 .

I am asking you to think long and hard about reasons why this could happen. I'm not crazy. It has been happening for years and I haven't gotten a resolution. Please look into any technical reasons why a title and description of a video could be posted but the embed code fails to be posted correctly. It is a bug. You try posting multiple videos and after a while it will fail. It is a frustrating problem that you need your help in solving. Thanks.

6 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Chris,

I need to know how to replicate the issue, I tried re-upload the same video and its working fine..maybe this issue is coming from old video.

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński