The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Query on the product

6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi JomSocial,

I would like to query about the product before considering the purchase.
1)is this JomSocial has similar setup like joomla? So i assume it is supported in any platform? Linux or windows
2)is the website is fully customizable and integrate other function as i like
3)understand the support is 6 months, so if after 6 months, Jomsocial roll out new update and it cause issue to my website, does you all will assist to resolve the issue?
4)Once i purchase the software, i can redownload it anytime again from Jomsocial website?
5)Does the software has been securely coded so that it is not easily hacked?

Need your advice.

6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Chee.

Thank you for contacting us.

1. JomSocial is a Joomla! component. So you install it on Joomla! just like any other extension. As a J! extension it uses the same server and server OS.

2. Yes, it has plenty of configuration settings and it's Open Source, so if any feature is not available - it could be built :)

3. After 6 months subscription expires, what mean that your access to support and downloads will be suspended. The only way to receive support or access downloads it to renew subscription.

4. No, after subscription expire, access to download is suspended.. it's because we host ONLY latest versions, we don't host versions that was "latest" at the moment of your purchase. So it's up to you to have backup copy of your downloaded packages.

5. I recall latest vulnerability report more than 2 years ago :) So yes, it's secure :) In case of discovering security flaw - we release patch that is free for all users.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński