Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

A few questions ..

7 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Clint
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Very impressed with your software. We're testing a few other social site platforms and glad we came across yours ... it's working very nicely with testing. Have a few questions:

1. This seems very similar to Peepso (Wordpress). Are the two affiliated? Any difference one way or the other with what's expected in the future? We built a test site using Peepso ( www.TheTearOff.com )
2. Is there a difference between this site and www.jomsocial.me where the account is hosted?
3. Is it possible to create an app for the individual site to place on the market place that can tie into your notification system to alert users on their mobile devices?
4. Are "Pages" on the horizon?
5. Is there a global site search on the horizon?
6. Possible to create a custom login/registration page like we have here: thetearoff.com
7. Any cost difference for the jomsocial.me platform ... if there is a difference?

I signed up for the 14-day trial. Excited to give it a test run.

Thx

7 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Clint.

Thank you for contacting us and interesting in JomSocial.

1. Yes, they are :) PeepSo is our product for WordPress and it's using experience that we gained for yesrs developing JomSocial.
2. No, there are no differences. Purchasing JomSocial you get all features available on trial.
3. Yes, JomSocial is an Open Source - if you're skilled enough or have developer, nearly everything is possible. :)
4. Yes, they are :) We plan to add then in version 4.4, please, take a look at our Road Map: www.jomsocial.com/features/road-map
5. Hmmm... this feature was pushed back due to privacy issue. We planed to implement Joomla! Smart search... but there was conflict in privacy... so we're looking for different solution.
6. Yes, just by creating override of JomSocial frontpage or Hello Me module.
7. Here are prices: www.jomsocial.com/pricing License is valid for 6 months but after that time you still may use JomSocial and it will keep all the features (only access to downloads and support will be suspended). You may renew at any time and get -33% discount for renewal (already included in renewal fee).

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Clint
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Thanks for the info. We signed up for a trial but the status is marked as pending. How can we get that LIVE?

7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Clint
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Interested in the Supercharged package ... and wouldn't mind jumping in on the Black Friday deal.

Is JomSocial hosted by you guys or will we want to grab a dedicated or vps server to host? We'll be transitioning a community of 50,000+ users to this platform. Just want to ensure we have the right set-up to accomodate the loads.

Short of JomSocial being way ahead of Peepso are there any major differences? We've invested in their full package at this point and a lot of time but leaning towards making the investment in JomSocial.

Are there freelance or inside developers that can assist us in some customizations of the software?

Thx

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hello, Clint! I read your messages on this topic, so I decided to ask: what`s the difference between the JomSocial affiliate program and e.g. Travelpayouts affiliate program ( www.travelpayouts.com )? I want to start a travel blog and monetize it with affiliate program. What do you think? Thank you!

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Chloe.

Thank you for contacting us.
There is no "JomSocial affiliate program" :) You purchase JomSocial and install it on your site. It's yours.
At this moment we do not offer any affiliate programs.

BTW this topic is nearly year old ;)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński