Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Backend permission and frontend moderation

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Dear Team,
2 questions:
1) I wonder if and how easily the jomsocial component can be accessed in the backend by users with joomla "administrator/manager" priviledges. I mean, all the other components have the ability to set permission to access interface in the backend, what about jomsocial
2) I wonder if and how easily jomsocial allow that joomla administrator/manager can moderate frontend, e.g. remove user messages or also doing other actions such as changing cover group... I mean whatever si permitted to superusers in the frontend,
Best,
Baggio

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Roberto.

Thank you for interesting in JomSocial.
Unfortunately current version of JomSocial 4.2.1 does have limited support for Joomla! ACL.
This means that you can't set permissions for our component basing on Joomla! group.
But we currently working on this to improve.
Please, take a look at our road map here: www.jomsocial.com/features/road-map
This are plans for our future release.

But I encourage you to try JomSocial in combination with JSPT: www.readybytes.net/jomsocial-profile-type.html
This extension implements feature that JS core lacks at the moment.

If you have further questions regarding JSPT, please, don't hesitate to contact with their developers.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Dear Micheal,
I've seen the road map that shows that you are developing the feature that I need.
Can you tell me when it might be ready?
Right now I've Jomsocial 4.0.8 that I'm using for test in localhost. I'm really happy of that but I will need to add the ACL features of the next release to it. So I'm Wondering:
When the next release with ACL will be ready, if I'll buy it, you will be able to tell me which files I have to edit in order to get ACL on my version 4.0.8 ?
This is crucial for me because I made so many override to the core that if I will upgrade to the next release I will lose all the works that I made so far, and I really don't want!
I will need only to know which lines of code I need to edit/add and where, in my version. I'm really confident on doing this changes so I'm willingly to buy the next version if you promise to give me indications on how to obtain ACL on my version.

Best,

Roberto

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Roberto.

This will be rather extremely hard as already there are huge differences in file code and structure between 4.0.8 and 4.2.1.
And it will get more complicated with new version.
So it won't be possible to provide you with lines that ware changed, added as it will be just too many to mention.
IMHO it will be much easier to implement your hacks again after upgrade.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński