8 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Josh
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I'm working on a new site, not yet launched: Thrillz.co

I'm using ItemRatings, ZOO & YooTheme as well as other plugins. I'd like to know if these can all work together.

This is my ideal application for JomSocial:

1 - A User creates an account with either email or social (facebook, twitter, etc.)

2 - The User can submit entries to new rides, theme parks, etc. (This can already be done in ZOO, but I want to make sure it will still work and be part of the user area) - I don't want multiple areas for users to have to find stuff, just one area.

3 - I need a button on each ride zoo item that would say "Ridden This?" that basically would act as a yes or no button. If they chose yes, it would reflect on their public account so they could keep track and show off all rides they've been on.

4 - how does the ACL work for JomSocial? or is this something done within Joomla or ZOO directly?

Thanks for you help in decided if JomSocial is a good fit or not.

8 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Josh,

Thank you for contacting us and already interest with Jomsocial, let me answer your questions one by one

1. Yes this is possible, but basically jomsocial only has login via FBC, for the rest you can use the 3rd party plugin like JFBConnect component, also login with email you need another plugin as well

2. once you put the stream on jomsocial home page, it also will show on your profile, is that do you want?

3. I am not understand with this, do you want to follow the stream? or ? please explain more

4. I am sorry currently Jomsocial is not fully supporting ACL, we have another timeline to create it soon, look our road map here www.jomsocial.com/features/road-map

For further infomration I sugget you try out our demo www.jomsocial.com/demo or our community page www.jomsocial.com/community

thank you

8 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Josh
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

1 - Awesome!

2 - I guess what I'm asking is, can I make a custom sub-menu link/item to a zoo area?

3 - Basically think of it as a "Like" button per page/zoo item that can be kept track on on a user's page and linked back to the item/page both publicly viable and private. Is this possible?

4 - I'll look out for it.

Thanks!

8 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Josh,

2. yes this is possible.. since Jomsocial toolbar handled by Joomla menu manager
3. ah I see, you should create custom plugin to achive that..

thank you and have a great day!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński