Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

No access to known solutions. 9 month old purchase obsolete.

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have JomSocial 3.2.1.1 Now I have 3.2.1.5

I just upgraded Joomla to 3.4.1

Then custom fields stop working (save not showing)

There seem to be solutions to it but not able to see them. Except buying JomSocial 4. It is ONLY 85 days since my support ran out. (01-17-2015)

It is not good policy to make fairly new subscription obsolete because Joomla upgraded. No fix at all.

I am not asking for support here. I just want my product to work.

I am talking about known issues (bugs) with YOUR software that I bought and it stops working correctly because of an upgrade to Joomla. Is the solution to downgrade Joomla?

NO, I want the software that I bought to work. Not to be required to buy an upgrade.

This is probably the worst buisness model there is. It does not inspire me to buy JomSocial 4.

I would say that I am still your customer though my subscription to support is outdated.

You should have the decency to fix your bugs.

Best regards, Jon

9 years 1 month ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Jon,

I'm sorry you feel this way but at the time of purchase it is clear that a license / purchase gives you 6 months access to downloads and support.

When we release a new version we discontinue support for previous version as the code becomes obsolete with new / future versions of Joomla and other code libraries. it is never advisable to upgrade without checking everything will be compatible first on a test site. Please note that even if you renew your license our support staff would ask you to upgrade to the current version to resolve the issue.

This is a standard business model in Internet development.

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

It is very strange that a fairly new product is outdated. And no bugfixes.

Quoted "JomSocial 3.2.1 Stable Rock-Solid Release " on 14 July 2014

When I buy something like this I expect it to be useable for more than 9 months.

There is nothing standard about this business model. Throw away a 9 months old product.

What about people that have this version "JomSocial 3.2.1.6 is now available " on 02 February 2015? Does that not work either? Sorry, just junk it.

Sorry that I am pissed off but in my mind this is robbery in daylight. No honest business model that covers that.

9 years 1 month ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Jon,

In web technology 9 months has seem massive changes and the code libraries we use. We also have to follow the libraries that the new version of joomla use. We need to move forward with our products to keep them updated with what is current.

Our product is compatible and working with the version of joomla that was available at the time of it's release. if you choose to upgrade to a version of joomla that is not compatible is not really a shortfall in our product.

to be fair i have emailed you Jomsocial 3.2.1.6 so that you have all the available bug fixes for Jomsocial prior to Jomsocial 4 you shouuld receive it shortly

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you for this gesture.

It was my intention to upgrade to JomSocial 4. But not at this time.

Anyway, I find it strange that there is so much difference in Joomla 3.3 and 3.4 that JomSocial 3.2.x.x becomes obsolete.

Resolution for me now is to downgrade to Joomla 3.3

Best regrds, Jon

P.S I had 3.2.1.5,

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński