Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Last visit date upon login only - not log out.

9 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Natasja
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

I have bought JomSocial several times, and would like to buy another license to upgrade JomSocial. However I came across a serious problem. I noticed that the last visit date is not registered when a user closes the browser. Only when a user logs out (press the log out button on JomSocial), the last visit date will be registered.

I find this extremely troubeling. I need the last visit date to be registered whenever a user logs into JomSocial. Will this be possible with future JomSocial compononents? Or is this feauture already there?

This is for me very important to get my stagnant users log in again or to make sure low users will make use of JomSocial and my website. I already did an email campaign on "Log in and win this gift" but this didn't help me see which users actually log in, as they most likely closed their browsers after they visited the website.

I look forward to hear from you.

Kind regards, Natasja

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Natasja.

Logout time is not related in any way with JomSocial.
Only Joomla! stores data like that.

If user doesn't click logout - his logout session just expires after certain time defined in "Session lifetime". Automatic logouts caused by session expiration are not noticed in the system.

So your request should be rather solved by custom extension. So you should ask a professional developer to find solution for you.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Natasja
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,

I am not sure, because I asked the Joomla forum and they say that when a user logs into the website by the default Joomla log in - it registeres the log in. But now I use JomSocial and only when I explicity click the log out button of JomSocial, only then the last visit date is registered, so I believe it has to do with JomSocial, as I use that component.

Also JomSocial registers the last visit date. See image in attachment and red circle what I mean.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Natasja

Attachment last-visit-date.png not found

Attachments:
9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Natasja.

No, this data is taken from Joomla! tables.
_community_users doesn't have column like that.
Columnas "registerDate" and "lastvisitDate' are in _users table and that is Joomla! table.
JomSocial just displays data from that table but is not responsible for storing data there.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński