From a bare bone installation of Joomla 3.3.6, and then a new installation of JomSocial, would it be better for me to wait for the version 4 release? I bought the package 2 years ago, but never did anything with it. If I purchase now and get version 3.2, will there be an easy upgrade procedure to 4.0? This is why I'm leaning towards just waiting. I read that you guys were 2-3 weeks away from a beta release. That still a good estimate?
Updating from the current version to 4 will be a seamless process. an advantage of purchasing now is it gives you a good opportunity to get used to the product. Even though the look is different and there are additional features the core of the product has a lot of features that remain unchanged. setting up the site now, then a simple upgrade on release will mean your site is ready to go when jomsocial 4 is ready.