"Sign in with Facebook" does not work

9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Vlad
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi, I have joomla 2.5 with jomsocial v. 2.8.4 which I purchased a while ago. I need your help with "Sign in with Facebook" button / functionality which is not working right now due to facebook changes.

I can't upgrade now. I have also submitted the app to facebook numerous times but they don't approve "user_about_info" permission saying that I should use "public_info" param. And that's not even the problem, I think the problem is that on my site the button code requesting these permissions:
"read_stream,publish_stream,offline_access,email,user_birthday,status_update,user_status"

- all I need is for user to login with Facebook and get his public info -- I do NOT need "read_stream,publish_stream" permissions as they are hard to get and explain and I don't need them.

How can I remove those permissions -- can you references any setting or code line so my app would work and users can sign in with facebook?
thanks

9 years 5 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Vlad,

This is pre sales and are not able to offer any support in this category. The other thing is we no longer support 2.8.4 due to it's age. Even with a subscription you would need you to upgrade to the current version

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński