Can't See Answers? Really?

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Dennis
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I have paid for this component a few times and I have to keep paying to see answers in the forum? A bit greedy isn't it? They aren't paying now, so screw em! I understand not letting me get my questions answered but not letting a paying customer see other peoples posts is VERY greedy!

I have an issue where I have loaded a ton of videos and now the backend won't load. (version 3.1.0.4) How do I justify paying to upgrade if I can't see any solutions to know if this will work with a large amount of videos? (95,000 videos and more daily)

The front end works great, just like it had 5 videos, very well written. But what did you miss on the backend?

9 years 8 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Dennis,

I'm sorry you feel that way, It is pretty standard for subscription based support to show questions only and you need an active subscription to view the answer.

In regards to your issue of 95,000 videos, this is going to need some pretty serious server to run it and some power to even import that many videos, good database optimization and also a sever admin to work out concurrent connections to work out the setup for how many people would be streaming them at the same time.

In my opinion Jomsocial can stream videos to users but how your database and server is configured would be the main point of interest

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Dennis
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello,
I already have the 95,000 videos added and the front end works fine. They are all embedded You Tube videos so it should work fine. But there isn't any reason the JomSocial component should white screen me when I try and go to the JomSocial dashboard in the backend. I don't want to renew if there isn't a fix for this.

Also, if I use the Renewal link, is that for the same URL or can I switch my plan to a new URL? I am closing the current site associated with my account.

9 years 8 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Dennis,

Sorry i misunderstood the vidos should have no relation to jomsocial at all if they are embeded into the site and not in Jomsocial

In regards to the white screen you need to enable error reporting in joomla admin and if it doesn't show you the error then you need to enable error reporting in the php.ini file in your site root

; Examples:
;
;   - Show all errors, except for notices
;
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT
the colon is removed at the start of the line

when you then go to the page that white screens it will then print out the exact error page and line that is causing the fault. The only reason you get a blank page is because error reporting is turned off

In regards to renewing if you use the same account as before you will get the renewal at the discounted rate if you then reply and tell me the domain you want supported i will change it for you in the account

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński