Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Probably stupid question: does Jomsocial have/need its own login module?

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Ahoy all!

Please fogive if this topic is posted in the wrong forum - feel free to just move it to where in belongs if it misfits in here.

Well, my (maybe stupid/foolish) question is already mentioned in the title and I ask it, because I'm pretty ... no, I'm COMPLETELY new to Jomsocial and all I got to know yet about social components for Joomla! is CB so far.

For CB one has to use Cb's own login module instead of the Joomla! login module.
Does Jomsocial work with just the plain Joomla! login module?

Thanks in advance for helping a noob! ;-/

Kind regards,
Rüdiger from IBeRKa

The following user(s) said Thank You: hahequaRiathealsize
9 years 10 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Rüdiger,

Jomsocial uses the joomla registration and login system, it just sits on top of it. so your users can use either if you let them. If you user the register link from the homepage of jomsocial then you will have a lot more options than joomla gives you

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Ahoy Paul,

I was aware of jomsocial own registration form, but I just wasn't sure if there is an own jomsocial LOGIN form or module as well.
I suppose your answer means in short words: "no, there isn't - it works just fine with Joomla's own login form/module"

And that's all I wanted to know - Thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński