Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Will upgrade from 3.2.0.5 fix 'View All' error in group discussions?

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I have the same issue as described in this forum topic - http://www.jomsocial.com/forum/technical-issues/13082-tape-discussions - and want to know if buying a new license and updating Jomsocial will resolve it.

I am currently using Jomsocial 3.2.0.5 on Joomla 2.5.22.

When there are more than 20 replies to a discussion (a limit set in jomsocial group config I believe?) the 'View All' button does not work - it directs to blank white page with just a basic link to go back to first discussion page (see attachment screenshots).

To recreate go to - www.ei-resource.org/support/discussion-g...ry-stories?groupid=9

After clicking 'View All' button after the discussion replies the URL it tries to find is http://www.ei-resource.org/support/discussion-groups/discussapp?topicid=122&app=walls

The original topic I found says it is a bug and has been fixed. Which was the first version where this bug is supposedly fixed? I don't see it in the change log and can't afford to pay $79.95 for another support/update license unless I am sure this bug will be fixed by updating beyond Jomsocial 3.2.0.5.

Thank you for any help/advice.

Attachments:
9 years 10 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Matthew,

This is not a fault in the current version and changes have been made to replies, so it is different code. In regard to your problem even though the result may be the same as another thread the cause can sometimes be different and some things are site related. But i can say that if you use the latest version, there is no reason why it wouldn't work, if it doesn't and it is a fault in our product then we would fix it.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

Can I ask would your answer still apply to versions 3.2.0.6 or 3.2.0.7? I would rather not go to 3.2.1 with the extensive changes as I suspect all the customization I have done (mainly CSS and images) will be lost. It looks like I can't patch to 3.2.1 as I could to 3.2.0.7 so I'd have a whole mountain of customization work to do again.

I guess my ultimate question is 'If I bought a license would you support me using version 3.2.0.7?'

9 years 9 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Matthew,

The issue with not upgrading is if you have a bug it may have been fixed in 3.2.1 but the fix may be in _assest/ bundle.js which is a compressed file and will not work on 3.2.07 as it is written and compressed for 3.2.1. This is why once a release is out fixing the bug is by updating to the latest version. Mixing fixes for different versions is very bad practice which is why we don't recommend it or do it

FYI If your changes are mainly css then put them in the override.css for your site template, unless the class changes which doesn't happen often then you are fine for upgrades

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński