Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Jomsocial Version: 1.8.0

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Silva
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi! I have a complicated problem. I have a Joomla1.5 site with Jomsocial Version: 1.8.0. I want to upgrade my site to Joomla 2.5. It seems that for me to be able to do that, first I would need the latest version of Jomsocial for the Joomla 1.5 so that when I upgrade the site to Joomla 2.5 it will work with the remaining Jomsocial upgrades for the Joomla 2.5 site migration. So have been told that I need to do tire updates for the Jomsocial in my Joomla 1.5 site. Now, for me to be able to purchase and download the Jomsocial update packages that are needed for the tire update procedure, I need to log in with the username and password that my Jomsocial extension was registered with when it was bought from your site. The problem is that the Web Designer who installed Jomsocial on my site years ago does not have and / or does not remember the details of the log in form password and username or the payments details/reciept that he used or get when he put Jomsocial in my website. What I am asking is this, if I register a fresh on your website with my same domain but with new username and password and then buy Jomsocial Professional that goes for $149, will I be able to update my Jomsocial Version: 1.8.0 extension and still have all the users and all the data that my Jomsocial Version: 1.8.0 and Joomla 1.5 site have and also that will everything work ok after I migrate to joomla 2.5. I’ll appreciate your help very much. I have been using the Jomsocial extension on my site for many years and have a full community and membership in my site using your extension. Thank you.

9 years 10 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Silva,

This is from our help wiki and covers the upgrade process

1.8.11. Go download version 2.0.6.
Uninstall version 1.8.11 and install version 2.0.6. Go download version 2.2.5.
Uninstall version 2.0.6 and install version 2.2.5. Go download version 2.4.3.
Uninstall version 2.2.5 and install version 2.4.3. Go download version 2.6.3.
Uninstall version 2.4.3 and install version 2.6.3.
This is the moment where we must stop because Joomla 1.5 migration to Joomla 2.5 is required in order to install next versions of JomSocial.

If Joomla migration went well, at this point of time you should have clean Joomla 2.5 installation with database transferred but no extensions installed.
Now install again JomSocial 2.6.3 just to make sure post-migration process went fine and your community is there
Once that is done, you can download the IJoomla Installer and continue doing the tier upgrade much more easier.

Please not that taking Jomsocial 1.8 to and joomla 1.5 to current versions can be a very complex task depending on your technical ability i would recommend you employ a developer to assist with this process. While we can advise you on things in support we cannot actually do the upgrade for you.

Once you purchase a subscription you will have access to all old versions of jomsocial

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński