Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Social Network

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeremy Miller
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I am the social media manager for Excelsior College. I am interested in establishing a social media platform for our students that they can use as networking tool in addition to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.....

The idea being that they would establish a profile when applying, then populate it with their experiences, projects etc.....as they take classes.

I want to include a Crowdfund element to it so that if a student chooses they can try and solicit financial support using the profile for their tuition.

Please let me know.

Jeremy

9 years 10 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Jeremy,

All of this is possible by using custom profile fields or custom profiles and for the crowdfunding if you use a joomla component or module then you can use some built in module position to show it in jomsocial maybe.

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeremy Miller
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Paul.

Thank you for the follow up. So if I understand your message, I'm able to set up the community, have it placed within our domain, and then when students 'apply' they can have the option to co-locate certain information into a profile on the network. They'll then have the opportunity to update it as they progress at Excelsior.

My goal is that this would not be a 'social' network, but more of a networking tool, not btob per say but more professional as our students are often adults (25+ years of age). I want to offer them the ability to place call outs to their Facebook/LinkedIn/Twitter profiles (so it's co-promoted), and offer them support services via our resource groups.

On the crowdfund side, are you saying you have a custom module that supports that functionality or best if I bring an outside application in for it and then use a joomla component to serve it up?

Would it be possible to schedule a demo/sales call with you or someone to go through this and other questions I have relating to things like 1) Salesforce integration, Quantity of user profiles, moderator options around content submission, social sign on etc....? We're very interested in your platform, but definitely will need assistance including Q&A.

Jeremy Miller
Social Media and Engagement Manager
Excelsior College
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203
Direct: (518) 608-8212
www.excelsior.edu

9 years 10 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Jeremy,

I understand your message, I'm able to set up the community, have it placed within our domain, and then when students 'apply' they can have the option to co-locate certain information into a profile on the network. They'll then have the opportunity to update it as they progress at Excelsior.

You can create custom profile fields and when a user registers they fill in these fields, after registration the user can then edit their profile. Your site must be installed on your own domain and hosting account

My goal is that this would not be a 'social' network, but more of a networking tool, not btob per say but more professional as our students are often adults (25+ years of age). I want to offer them the ability to place call outs to their Facebook/LinkedIn/Twitter profiles (so it's co-promoted), and offer them support services via our resource groups.

Jomsocial has the ability to let information be shared out to other social networks, this is a setting in the admin panel.

On the crowdfund side, are you saying you have a custom module that supports that functionality or best if I bring an outside application in for it and then use a joomla component to serve it up?

No, if you google crowdfund joomla you will find modules that can be installed in your Joomla site. these modules can be shown in different module positions in Jomsocial, there is nothing built in to Jomsocial for this and we don't have our own crowd fund module

Would it be possible to schedule a demo/sales call with you or someone to go through this and other questions I have relating to things like 1) Salesforce integration, Quantity of user profiles, moderator options around content submission, social sign on etc....? We're very interested in your platform, but definitely will need assistance including Q&A.

We only offer this pre-sales forum, a support forum and email. We have a demo site where you can try all the features of the site demo.jomsocial.com If you have specific requirements for other features that are not part of what you see on the demo site it may be good to talk with a developer that can assist and advise with integrating other features for you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński