Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

on jomSocial

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Re
  • Visitor
Licenses:

dear jomSocial team
I want to build a small website, where i would install on some (e.g. 3) subdomains independent social networks.
I want to make it easy for users, so that they only access the front end, only me would manage the back end.
1. can i define an "administrator" in jomsocial, who decides, who can enter the social network? (like he can give approval and without approval, people can not join the network)?
2. is the network available in German, French, Italian as well?
3. is it possible do deactivate some functionalities to make the network as simple and to the point as necessary?
4. my idea was, to once set it up correctly and then copy the files in the file manager to the other subdomains. would that work? the user data within the different networks would of course be different

Thanks for your help

9 years 10 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Re,

in answer to your questions.

1. you can set joomla to allow administrator approval for all new registrations so this is done in joomla not jomsocial. If you use Jomsocial multi profile feature you can also make each profile require moderation
2. we use transifex for our translations, you can see the status forf each language from here www.transifex.com/projects/p/jomsocial/ Jomsocial is purchased with English language so you would need to add the language packs into it
3 It depends what functions, some things yes but others would need modification and for that you would need to have a developer or be able to change the code yourself
4. yes this is possible

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński