9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • EVAN
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I send you an email not long ago. With some question about renewing my Jomsocial account.
Could u please help me with this. In the past I have mailed directly to you but I dont know if the
policy changed and therefore the reason why you havent answerd yet. Please let me know what is what.

Greetings,

Eugene

Origineel bericht
Onderwerp: Re: Renew - use of forum
Datum: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 17:32:42 +0200

Aan: JomSocial Billing <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>

Hi,

I would like to renew my license to my jomsocial account.
For the website I am hosting and use jomsocial I need some support.
I think I need to renew my license before I can get some help.

In the past I purchased a Developer Edition with five domain support.
I dont need all the five I just want to renew the one for xxxxxx
How do I go about down this?

You offered me a discount of 10% with my next purchase. Can I use
this discount now?

Thank you in advance.

Greetings,

Eugene

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Evan.

Could you log in here: www.jomsocial.com/component/digistore/licenses ?
There you could renew you license.
Your discount was for purchase. renewals are already with discount - you can't mix them.
And yes, you can downgrade your license.
Try to do it in your account.

If you'll have issues with downgrading or still unsure how to do it - post in Billing section of this forum.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • EVAN
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have a problem with deinstalling the old Jomsocial. I dont see it in my extensions.
Any idea how this can be?

Greetings

Evan

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • EVAN
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,

Thanks for you reply!

Going to my account I have tried what you said;

1. Could you log in here: www.jomsocial.com/component/digistore/licenses ?
  2. There you could renew you license.
evan: I will renew this today. The only reason I will do this for now is to get support. I will be upgrading to 3.0 later on this year. I
  • Your discount was for purchase. renewals are already with discount - you can't mix them.
  • And yes, you can downgrade your license.
  • evan: I have looked around but I dont see the way to downgrade my license. Could you show me step by step how to do this? I
  • Try to do it in your account.
  • [/ol]

The reason I need support is the following. I have been using 2.6 till now and tried to upgrade to 2.8 but it didnt go well (most of my icons in de community extension are not showing for instance).
    Looked around on the Jomsocial forum how to do this best etc.. But what I am trying now is deinstalling everything and installling
    2.8 from zero. But somehow I dont see it in my extensions so I can deinstall it.

1. can I give the logins so you can take a look and then point me in the right direction?
    2. can I get support for just this part of the reinstall?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Evan

9 years 10 months ago
    Licenses:

Hi, Evan.

Please post in Billing issues section. Ricardo will pick your thread up and help you to proceed with renewal and downgrade.
    www.jomsocial.com/forum/billing-issues

We do not support old version of JomSocial we could only guide you through upgrade and explain issues if you have any.
    Please, note that we'll not perform upgrade for you or debug any issues in the process.
    We'll back you up with guidance and only post upgrade issues will be debugged and solved.
    For any other issues you may need professional developer: www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers
    But still to receive such a support you need to have active subscription.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
    - Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
    - Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
    - Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
    - Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
    - Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
    - If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
    Moderators: Piotr Garasiński