Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

customization of sign up process

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jarrad Singh
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Good Day

I am considering using jomsocial to develop a platform for my company that will be used for our staff representative committee(SRC).
We need a system that will allow us to engage with employee's but given the role of the SRC committee one of the requirements is that staff with complaints should have the right to remain anonymous as sensitive issues are sometimes handled. But none the less how do we keep an employee updated on the outcome of their complaint if they want to remain anonymous.

My question is, would it be possible to customize the sign up process such that the employee would not have to enter an email address?
This would allow us to respond to questions or complaints without knowing who the employee is.

So basically they should be able sign up providing a user name and password.
They should be able to message to the SRC which would be a friend on our social network.
And we can respond without having anyway of knowing who they are.

We have tried many techniques to get our employees to engage with the SRC but seems they are reluctant when it comes to providing any personal detail so this leaves us with no way of responding to the member concerned.

Thanks
Jarrad

9 years 11 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Jarrad,

During the sign up process a name password and email are mandatory, I think where this will be difficult is the name is used though out the entire system, on the wall and in activity streams so when user A becomes friends with user B it will be posted. You can make profile information private but at the level you are wanting i think it would require custom development

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński