dynamic registration fields

10 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • alfredo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

hi, im exploring the joomsocial 14 day trial, so i'm very newbie to jomsocial.
Honestly i have to say something: i still think jomsocial has the best out-of-the-box state as social component, but i thought there were way more possibilities of customization in backend, so long i dont noticed so much of customization control.
For example:
i need a career select field in my registration form with the options:
- actor
- designer
- model
- other
when a user clicks on "other" it should appear a text field below allows the user to fill with his career.

another one: i want to remove completely the "cover" in profile page, and i want to show the avatar way much bigger..width:50%

can i do those thing?

10 years 2 weeks ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi alfredopacino,

Jomsocial doesn't have dynamic user fields at the moment so unfortunately this is not possible without showing a comments box under the other field at registration.

The Cover images on profiles is a major part of the component and you would need to customize this, which is considerable work. You may like to look here for a Jomsocial developer that could assist you with that modification. www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

10 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • alfredo
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Paul wrote: Jomsocial doesn't have dynamic user fields at the moment so unfortunately this is not possible without showing a comments box under the other field at registration.

can i at least add my own js code to the registration page for hide and show the text field?

about the cover problem, don't you think if i would read some jomsocial docs i can figure it out? im a php developer but clearly i dont know jomsocial.

anyway a major problem of mine is the file upload field (pdf and doc), i searched for a addon, i cant find, could you gently link me something?

please be honest on that last one: i came from a (paid) social component who guarantees a support answer in the forum within 24 hours. There is something like that here?

10 years 2 weeks ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi alfredopacino

You are able to modify any of the jomsocial code and it is all written to the standard so if you are a php devloper the i should not be an issue

The Site has a feature called group discussions that can have files uploaded, I think the best thing would be for you to try the product which you can do here instant.jomsocial.com

10 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • alfredo
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Paul wrote: Hi alfredopacino

You are able to modify any of the jomsocial code and it is all written to the standard so if you are a php devloper the i should not be an issue

i know i can edit the code, but since i cant see the code now, im wondering if this kind of editing will be an easy work or an huge one for someone who doesnt know at all jomsocial core.
(you have a pvt message)

The Site has a feature called group discussions that can have files uploaded, I think the best thing would be for you to try the product which you can do here instant.jomsocial.com

the users will upload their resume, so for me it's useless that kind of file upload, it has to be in about me section

10 years 2 weeks ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi alfredopacino,

The question is really a difficult one for me to answer as it depends on your coding ability. We follow all the standard php / Jommla coding practices.

What you mention about making the about me section a place for uploading resumes is not a small modification and would require customization. The dynamic text fields are the same. But again i do not know your coding ability. We offer small css changes and very minor support for customization but what you are wanting is above this level of product support.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński