Upgrade from 2.6.2

10 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Danny
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi, I'm planning to upgrade from 2.62 and hope you can clear my doubts on the following points.

1. Am I still entitled for free upgrade or I will need to pay another $99?
2. Which version should I upgrade to?
3. Will the upgrade remove all my existing data? E.g. User account, posting and etc.
4. Will my customized scripts be over write as well?
5. Will the layout be different after the upgrade?

10 years 3 weeks ago
  • Ricardo
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Danny,

1. If your license is active you will be able to download the latest JS version from here:
www.jomsocial.com/component/digistore/licenses

If it expired you will have to renew it. During this process you will get up to 50% OFF.

2. My suggestion is to use the latest version of all extensions installed on your site.

3. No, it will not remove any info or settings. Anyway, you should make a backup just in case.

4. If you customized the extension you will need to apply the changes again because the dbase will be upgraded too and old files will be replaced with new ones.

5. We made many improvements in the layout. It's the same but with a lot of changes. So, it could look different of the one used on your current site.

My suggestion is to create a dev site with a copy of your current site. Then upgrade and do all necessary tests there. When you're ready go ahead and start applying the upgrade on live site.

If you have more questions let us know.

Best regards,

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński