Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Concern before purchase

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Anonymous
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi there, I purchased Social Factory and installed it on a site, and had everything working except the upload pictures and youTube video embedding. The support runaround has been a nightmare, and Social Factory says it's a security setting that the server (SiteGround) have installed, but I might want to hire a 'coder' to fix it, which tells me it's not the server, and Siteground says they have done everything they can think of to make it work, and have nothing that should stop those features, and that it is definitely a component issue. Suggest I hire a Joomla developer to fix the component. LOL

So, I have installed Community Builder and have no issues with uploading of pics, and never have had these types of issues with SiteGround. So Social Factory won't refund me, and I am not nuts about community builder, so have been looking at your software. My concern.. as you can imagine is that if I purchase this and I can't get your photos or videos to work.. then what??
thanks, Kev

10 years 1 month ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi and thanks for your inquiry.

Jomsocial photos setup is very standard if you can upload images into your site using joomla then there shoul be no reason that you will have a problem with this.

Video processing is a very server specific and Jomsocial uses FFMPEG, If your server is not configured correctly with this or a codec is not compiled correctly then we are unable to assist with this because it is server side which we have no control over.

Please read the attachment which may or may not apply to you and your hosting company, but it will explain the video processing a bit better to you.

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński