Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

All features

10 years 3 weeks ago
  • Rob van Linda
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hello,

one of my clients needs a social network with paid and free members. The paid members are offering services (for pets) in their profiles and the free members should be able to post about their experiences, to discuss about their cats/dogs/mice etc. and should be able to upload pictures.

On the free profiles there should be ads from the service providers which have a premium profile or also from businesses who have no profile.

There should be a forum and a private messaging sytem as well.

Does Jomsocial include this in the package natively or do i have t purchase extra add-ons to achieve all these features?

And another question I have is about the templates. If I install a Joomla template which is developed by me with a custom responsive grid (no bootstrap) do I need an additonal template especially developed for Jomsocial or will Jomsiclial integrate in the sytsem natively?

And if I need a Jomsocial template, can I use this one for "normal" articles and other "normal" content as well?

Thank you very much in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Rob van Linda

10 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Rob,

Thanks for contacting Jomsocial.
1. Paid / free membership would need to be done using 3rd party addons www.jomsocial.com/addons There are some membership addons that should be able to do what you are wanting.

2. Advertising can be done buy using a product called Ad Agency and you can see all the details for that here joomla35.ijoomlademo.com/index.php/ad-agency

3. Forums could be achieved by adding Kunena forum which is free www.kunena.org/

4. Templates:
Jomsocial has its own default template that is independent of the sites template, but we do have our own site template as well called Socialize. this integrates seamlessly, so the site and jomsocial have the same look and feel to it, you can see it at socialize.jomsocial.com/

If you were interested in Jomsocial, Socialize and Ad Agency, The 3 products we sell then i could put together a bundle for you. Please let me know if you would like more information

Regards,
Paul

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński