Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Information

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi i would to buy the professional package, i have some questions to you...
The different between profesiona and developer is :
Access to .less files (2.8 and above)
Access to developer view (2.8 and above)
Access to developer forum
in details what means?
And then, Now does exist an addons to create a megazine of different news, like flipboard?

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, giuseppe scuglia.

Differences are:

1. Number of supported domains: Professional = 1, Developer = 5
It means that we'll support your JomSocial installation under accordingly 1 or 5 domains.

2. Developer license holders will gain access to .less files for JomSocial.
Here is explained what .less style sheet is: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LESS_%28stylesheet_language%29

3. Developer license holders will be providied with an additional view=developer in com_community. It generate a list of standard UI elements in JomSocial component that would be beneficial for expert developers who wish to modify / extend JomSocial functionality. Developer view started since JomSocial 2.8

4. Developer license holders will gain access to developers forum where could ask questions and share with ideas.

5. You may try publisher.ijoomla.com/ . It does not have flip-page effect but still is a powerfull tool to create portal news magazine.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Thanks for help..
Another questions, if i have to modify the template and the functionality of jomsocial, i'll have complete support from you or i have to buy anything else?
I'll have to make a social network but i'll have to add more functionality to jomsocial base and i'll have to connect my social network with more sites ( social magazine, etc)..
Thanks

10 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi, Giuseppe.

Please read this: www.jomsocial.com/support .
You'll get limited support in customization... or non. It depends, we don't support MAJOR customizations. but always you could ask, we'll tell you how to achieve it or if you need a developers help.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: giuseppe scuglia
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński