Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Pre-sales questions

10 years 1 month ago
  • Hector
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi there,
I am very interested in using Jomsocial for a site I am developing. It will be a site where people can meet, make friends, network, provide advice, help each other, etc. Some members may be interested in using the site dating. The dating part is crucial, so here are my questions:
1) At the time of registration, is it possible to make some fields conditional? (If a user plans to use the site for dating, then he/she would need to fill out additional fields)
2) After the user has registered and entered the site, it is possible to force him/her to complete the rest of his profile (for example, to add a profile image), before he/she can start using the rest of the site?
3) I am assuming that I will be able to configure the site so that users can search for members and filter the results to include only those that are actually interested in dating, correct?
4) Is it possible for members to be notified by email, of new members that have joined, and who are interested in dating?
5) Ideally, I would like a conversation between two users to start only after user A sends an intro message to user B and user B approves the connection with user A. Is it possible to have this "safeguard" in place?
6) The site will have a section where people can post special offers for other site members, as well as ask for help / advice, etc. What would be the best way to accomplish this within Jomsocial? I was thinking of a pinterest-type social board, but is there any other way you would suggest?

Many thanks,
Hector

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Hector,

The setup you are wanting to achieve is possible but would require some 3rd party plugins and some custom code, you can contact a Jomsocial developer to see if they can customize it for you. www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński