The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Modification Questions

10 years 2 months ago
  • Vince M
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I am interested in purchasing this script but I have a few questions about modification.

I was wondering if it was possible to modify a few things.

1.) I like the idea of a wall on a persons profile that keeps people updated on statuses, videos etc. but is it possible to implement a way to have an option to switch between a "wall" and a "showcasing your work" layout just like this website has it laid out: " www.reverbnation.com/michaelnixx ". In which you organize your songs, videos, and pictures along with widgets just the way you want people to see it?

2.) Can a music/media bar be implemented on the page so that music can continuously play throughout the website like reverbnation.com?

3.) When you begin typing a few letters or words into any Search bar and it gives you a list of suggested profiles, pages etc.

2.) I want people to be able to initially sign up as different groups. Similar to creating "Pages" on FaceBook but those icons right when you sign up to chose what type of group you want to be in upon signing up: Public figure, Musician etc. Then of course subcategories specifying exactly what type of group the want to be in.

3.) A way to distinguish peoples user groups. For example under the persons photo in the members list appears their name and their "group type" in a bold or uniquely colored font. Ex: "Public Figure", "Musician" etc. Just clarifying what user group they are in.

5. ) Is it possible for the front page to display just a login or sign up bar like "Vimeo.com & behance.net" and no recent activity.

6.) I also wanted to know if it was possible to add a classified page or marketplace page where people could post things for sale and check-out and make their purchase right through the website.

6.) I am a fan of large modern and minimalistic website designs with large photos. Is it possible for it to look similar to "ArtForm.com", " www.b-reel.com ", " viget.com ". A simple, clean, intuitive and distinct design.

I am very interested and looking forward to your response. Thank you!

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Vince,

The options you are wanting are possible but you would need to hire a Jomsocial developer to customize it for you. You can find them here www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński