JomSocial profiles, and share features.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Paulo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

I would like to have a website similar to www.weasyl.com/ , where users can share their work, have their own profile focused on exactly that and have the website showcase the latest users submissions on the homepage.
having the ability for other users to comment the work shared would also be great.

So my question, is JomSocial able to do this? it would be great to find a Joomla extension that would do this by nature leaving me the sole task of customizing how it looks.

Best Regards,
Paulo

10 years 2 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Paulo,

Maybe you can take a look about our jomsocial features in Demo page

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Paulo
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi david,

thanks for getting back to me. I gotta say the demo looks awesome although a few questions persist.
Is it possible to add more tabs simizlr to photo and video and have them named whatever i wish? like having a "drawings tab" "business cards" "websites" .... And have a stream linked ot each of this tabs? so in the homepage i would just show a large stream of the latest submissions?

Could you please check www.weasyl.com/ just so you have a better idea of what i am trying to accomplish? see that big stream? you can click on an image and it brings the user profile, you can also comment on the artwork the user submitted. I would like to have something very similar to that but instead of having a forum for user interaction i would prefer a chat function, preferably a live chat one. (i noticed on the demo you have a messages , but not live chat, correct? i would also liek for users to be able to like a submitted work and share it.

David, thanks for helping me out identifying if Jomsocial is the tool that will let me achieve this.

Best Regards,
Paulo

10 years 2 months ago
  • David Sutanto
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Paulo,

I think it's all about customization :) jomsocial same like other joomla component, we have scope in our component so if you want to add new menu in jomsocial toolbar, i can say "Yes you can" but to create a page about your new menu, you must do it by your own because jomsocial can not generate this page for you automatically :)

i have been see your reference ( www.weasyl.com ), this website based on php programming, not using CMS like joomla or wordpress :)

Warm regards,

David

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński