Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

How to install the last JomSocial Security Update

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

hello, i have jomsocial Version: 2.8.4 here tenisclubepaulista.com.br and i download the security update but i dont know here and how to install can you explain me please?

tks,
joao

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, João Gabriel.

Install it via Joomla Installer. Extensions -> Installation Manager -> Install
For future: it's easier to update via iJoomla Installer extension.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,
I download and install JomSocial-2-8-SecurityPatch.zip and this error appears: JInstaller :: Install: Can not find XML setup file My jomsocial Version: 2.8.4 What can I do?

Tks,
Joao

10 years 2 months ago
  • Ricardo
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Joao,

To get the latest JomSocial version download the extension again and install the installer file included on it. Using the installer is the best way to keep your site updated because with a simple click the extension will be installed on your site. Anyway, you can use the zipped file and install the latest JS version using Joomla! installation system.

Best regards,

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

hello,
i can't download again i'm not a current member... I have to pay for this security update?

tks,
joao

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
  • Ricardo
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Joao,

Since the license expired you will have to renew it to get updates.

Remember that you will get an automatic discount if you click on that renew button.

Best regards,

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

in the newsletter I recieve from: JomSocial Security Update you guys say that this update is free of charge, why you say now that I have to renew? In fact my website www.tenisclubepaulista.com.br (with jomsocial) was hacked 1 week ago.

in the newsletter:

"Free Patches For Everybody!
It’s important to us that your site is secure, so even if you don’t have an active license, we still want you to be safe. We’ve created a patch for you that you can download free now."

tks,
joao

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, João Gabriel.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Yes, the patch is free. You can download it from here: www.jomsocial.com/files/patches/JomSocial-2-8-SecurityPatch.zip

How to update:

Extract both folders "controllers" and "helpers" via FTP to components/com_community and replace all files.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 2 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hello Joao,

Sorry for the confusion in the previous replies and thanks for contacting Jomsocial. We have released the security fix for each version of Jomsocial and it is free for all users.

To download the patch please go to www.jomsocial.com/blog/hot-fix-3-1-0-4 Scroll down the page and you will see the link for your version (2.8.4). Once you have downloaded it, extract both folders "controllers" and "helpers" via FTP to components>com_community and replace all files.

You also mention that your subscription has expired and i wanted to point out the a renewal is very cost effective at the moment. It gives you full access to our support and the latest versions of Jomsocial. With version 3.2 coming soon and some great new features, it makes sense to renew now stay up to date with the latest and greatest features.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński