Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Member Registration need Admin Approval?

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I installed once before this Jomsocial, now I have another requirements to use Jomsocial. Need few question to ask before we made the final decision on Jomsocial.

1. When member register, can we only allowed/approved by the admin only? Can I assigned another admin to approve the new registration?
2. Can I integrate with FB for comment? If yes, where is the location that I can integrate with FB comment and share? For example, at the wall activity stream and so on..
3. How many type of access level I can create in Jomsocial? I need 5 access level.
4. How I can see the merit for all the users? I want to see who is the highest merit receiver - need to give them award for actively involved in the jomsocial. And those who are less merit, need to motivate them to get more active. I need to sent an email to those merit group.
5. Can I broadcast message to only certain group based on the access level (as per question no. 3)?

Thanks

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, M Sopian H.

Ad. 1. This you can set in Joomla, in user configuration -> New User Account Activation. Activation could by done by administrator.
docs.joomla.org/Enabling_user%27s_regist...n_approval_by_admins

Ad. 2. JomSocial has it own comment system. If you wan to integrate you'll need 3rd party extensions like www.jomsocial.com/addons/comments/facebo...mments-for-jomsocial (unfortunately outdated ^^) or www.sourcecoast.com/joomla-facebook/

Ad. 3. For profile types you'll need this extension: www.jomsocial.com/addons/memberships/jom...p-and-access-control . Also Joomla has groups and access levels.

Ad. 4. JomSocial has built-in a Karma System. Karma is a user points system used in JomSocial. It shows how active a user is in JomSocial. Karma will only be activated when a user has uploaded a photo in the user's profile. Otherwise, the user will never achieve any Karma points. You can set amount of points for certain activity in Points and Activities panel.

Ad. 5. You can mail users using Joomla! Messaging System. In it you can choose user depending on groups and access levels.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński