Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Can you share jomsocial among three sites and have users interact?

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Shawn
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have ijoomla Guru now and plan to offer three stages of courses each with it's own website.(beginner courses, intermediate courses and advanced courses) I am considering jomsocial however since there will be three different websites with three different domains will I be able to have all the users interact? I am trying to make jomsocial into kind of an online "campus center" for ijoomla Guru. Will I be able to have all the students from each website interact with each other? Can I point the links or something somewhere from the other two sites to one? So each person taking a course on ijoomla guru on each website can interact with other people from the other websites.

I am not very tech savvy so please let me know if this makes sense or needs clarification.

Thank you
Shawn

10 years 3 months ago
  • Eric
  • Thank you received: 632
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in JomSocial :) However, at this point it's not possible to have users from 3 different, or even 2 different websites to interact with each other. The problem is that there's no tool / logic in the code that would support communication between different databases. To allow something like that would require a lot, a really lot, of very careful planning not to mention actual development of the code.

So at this point JomSocial is 'contained' to one website with one database. It's an idea worth exploring though.

I hope that clears it.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements: bit.ly/WyZyrL
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job: bit.ly/10OzfPN
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shawn
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński