Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

jomsocial without timeline ("profile" text page instead.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • emel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

hi, i need to create something like www.chefsroll.com/home.php
but with the adding of community forming. now jomsocial seems to fit all of that, except i need to have clear profiles instead of this facebook-like timeline.

can this be done?

10 years 3 months ago
  • Eric
  • Thank you received: 632
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean by 'i need to have clear profiles instead of this facebook-like timeline.'

Could you please explain a bit more? Perhaps take a screenshot of demo.jomsocial.com and mark whaich parts you'd have to change and how.

I can tell you whether it can be done with some backend settings or (which is more likely) you'll have to get a developer to customize it for you (JomSocial template).

Thanks.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements: bit.ly/WyZyrL
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job: bit.ly/10OzfPN
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • emel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

hi there

if you see this example:
www.chefsroll.com/GianfrancoChiarini

this is a profile of a chef, which i need also. plus the jomsocial community options. If i look at all these jomsocial templates there is a standard timeline (activities) as a homescreen.
demo.arrowthemes.com/joomla/uneedo/jomsocial

this should be overruled by a profile " chef" page, like the example.

can this be doen?

10 years 3 months ago
  • Eric
  • Thank you received: 632
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,

Yea, basically you can make the profile look however you want to be honest, the activity stream could be hidden etc and a profile could show instead. Most of the modifications you have in mind will have to be custom-made by a developer, though. JomSocial was designed in a certain way which doesn't match your exact needs, that's ok. We do understand the need for customization that's why JomSocial's code is open and quite easy to mod. We also provide docs on how to approach template modifications. For custom work we can recommend oDesk devs: www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

I hope that helps.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements: bit.ly/WyZyrL
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job: bit.ly/10OzfPN
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński