Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Video embed needed on Intranet with no access to the Internet

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,

We need videos to embed in the activities stream, but all HTML tags are stripped. I understand this is for security reasons, but our system is on an Intranet with no connection to the Internet. Could you please point me to the files I would need to modify to allow HTML parsing?

Thanks.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
Video cannot be accessible as it's not more internet.
Wall status does not support the iframe, If it's on the intranet you need to enable ffmped to upload own video on the server.
ffmpeg.org it work on the localhost to upload videos :https://documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Uploading_Video
This is the option you can use the upload video on site but it will consume the server resources to upload the video on site.
If you are contacted to the internet you can simply link the video.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your reply.

FFMPEG is set up, users can upload their own videos, however we need them to be able to embed 'iframe' or 'embed' videos from other intranet sites of ours. Imagine it as if we were hosting our own YouTube on the Intranet. We would like people to be able to share those videos on their walls. Unfortunately, there is absolutely no way our network can connect to the Internet, so any Internet-based solution is out of the question.

I'm sure however that by allowing iframe in the activity stream our users could do what I'm asking here. I was looking at com_community/libraries/activities.php or com_communities/controllers/activities.php.
All I would need is for you to point me to the right direction tweaking the code so that html parsing is enabled in the activities stream.

Thanks again.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
I checked with the developers it is not possible to share another site video as it does not play as well in video links.
And HTML code is not allowed in the system by default. But you can post the video URL directly in the status to show the video. Or you can allow them to upload the videos.
To create own video library in /components/com_community/libraries/videos/
Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński