Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

No "Add Video" button at main video gallery page

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello.

I made life site's copy, installed "JomSocial Version 4.5.1 Beta 2" on it and noticed:
1) mysite.com/videos (main video gallery) doen't display "Add video" button - problem.
2) mysite.com/videos/username (user's video gallery) display "Add video" button - normal.

I recreated "mysite.com/videos" menu item, but it didn't helped.

Can you please check it on clear joomla and JS? Thanks.

P.S: the same thing with photo albums gallery.

Sorry for my English
Attachments:
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
The upload button is removed as you watch the videos and photos for all members. You can upload photos and video when it's your profile, Its an improvement in the layout as its reported from a user on the forum as well.
Watching other photos and video wit upload button does not make sense as it's not your profile.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hm. I’m sure, it’s not a good decision.

Usually if user wants to add video, he just navigate to “Videos” section. But now he can’t see “Add video” button and start to think that there is something wrong with site or his access (may be he is banned?).

I believe if user navigate to “All videos” and “All photos” (all albums) there is should be “Add ***” button. It’s easy and fast to find. Users know that there was this button before, but now it’s gone.

I have no idea how to explain users about changing and how to make users few more click (navigate to “My videos” first). Seems I need to publish some “Anouncements”, but I don’t have good place for it and sure, comments will be negative.

I like to add videos and albums too, but now I have to make more clicks to find “Add button” too. :( and it take more time and action.

I suggest to display "Add video" on main video gallery page (section) + it's pagination; and inside categories. Or on every page like before.

I hope it can be back :) thanks.

Sorry for my English
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
When you navigate to the video you will see all site video and others too.
Click on Video > My video > upload its very simple steps and does not make time.
When you are on your album you can upload video and same for the photos.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński