Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Some shumbs are scaled vertically

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Expired

Hello,
What is the reason - how to fix this issue?

Attachments:
6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Mar.

Thank you for contacting us.
They are not scaled but cropped. How to make a square from a rectangle? :)
That's not an issue, this is how cropping works.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mar
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Expired

But as you can see in the attachment (photos framed in red) those thumbs which are converted from rectangles are probably cropped only at the last stage. At first, they are resized in an unproportionate way: from 1+x:1 to 1:1. (proportion between the sides). And only after they are reduced to 128 px to 128 px. We know how cropping works, but those thumbs are not cropped as you've explained it to us.
So it is an issue, cause it is not how cropping works:-)
So could you do anything about it, please? This is not how it should work.
Regards Mar

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Cześć Mar.

But they are. They are resized and when shortest side reach certain size they are cropped to square.
Imagine that they are cropped before they are resized... what you'll have? A square 128x128 from the center of 1920x768 picture :) So result will be square with some random colorful dots.

Taking a closer look on your site and compare it with mine - this do not work the same (it should as I described).
Take a peek: prntscr.com/hjqof6
You can see that it works as I described.

JomSocial to not process your images. It's done by your server library ImageMagick.
Here are ImageMagick info from my server: prntscr.com/hjqq1m

Please, check yours.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mar
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I do not really understand if it means - I have on my server "library ImageMagick", which JS Photos uses?

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Cześć Mar.

You may check that in Backend -> System -> System information -> PHP Information.
This issue seems to be caused by your server ImageMagick library.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński