Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Error page if add unsupported provider's linked videos

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi.
1) Navigate to video gallery page
2) press "Add video" button
3) paste link to unsupported video, for example vk.com/video-51177858_456239196
Result: It refresh page and display default Joomla-Template error page with text: 0 Call to undefined method CTableVideoInvalid::getError()
Expected result" Site should display notice / warning errer that video can't be added (video-provider doesn'r supported). I remember something like this was before.

But if we'll try add this linked video to stream (sharebox) we will see popup message "Unable to link video".

Thanks.

Sorry for my English
6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

In my case, after editing title and description (which cannot be fetched) I get post with url, title and description. Url opens video on vk.com, while title opens blank page. If I dont enter title and description, on post will remain only url that takes to vk.com video.
Always try these functions, that are not template relevant, on demo.jomsocial.com

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi. I tested it on clear J! + JS.

I’m trying to add this item as video at video gallery page (not as link in sharebox).

Sorry for my English
6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Videos from vk.com are not suppoted. List of supported videos are located at:
...\components\com_community\libraries\videos
so if there is no php for domain of video provider, video will not be fetched and you get some error. In my case I get error popup:

JavaScript from mydomain
Unable to link video
OK button
You cannot post video that is unsupported as video post, only as regular post. It would be nice to have better error that coould state:
This video provider is not supported right now. Unable to link video.
After that to copy video url as post text and allow user to post regular post.

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Vladimir wrote: Videos from vk.com are not suppoted. List of supported videos are located at:
...\components\com_community\libraries\videos

Yes, I don't have vk.php, but users still try to add vk.com's videos because this social is very popular in Russia.

Vladimir wrote: so if there is no php for domain of video provider, video will not be fetched and you get some error. In my case I get error popup:

JavaScript from mydomain
Unable to link video
OK button

I get the same popup message if try to add video with sharebox in main stream.

But when I try to add video by this way (in video gallery section):

it redirects me to mysite.ru/videos/link and display this:

I beleave, in this case should be displayed normal page with normal text about "Impossible to add it..." I remember it worked this way in previous versions. I hope it can be fixed soon :)

Vladimir wrote: You cannot post video that is unsupported as video post, only as regular post. It would be nice to have better error that coould state:
This video provider is not supported right now. Unable to link video.
After that to copy video url as post text and allow user to post regular post.

Good idea. Thanks you.

Sorry for my English
Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński