Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Profile & Cover photo not updating from admin user

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Shaun
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello Support.

I have update jomsocial as per instructions.

I am logged into the website frontend as administrator and trying to change profile and cover photo for a user. I am able to click the profile photo, select to upload a new photo but when its loading, the blue bar just stays full and the picture does not change. Even if I click save the profile and cover photo do not change?

I am currently unable to make any changes here. Please can you help me fix this?

6 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

I just checked this and works fine for me.. would you mind to check it again, please?

thank you!

Attachments:
6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Shaun
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

HI there!

I just checked again on both chrome and firefox and both are definately not working. I have attached screenshots.

Also, if I click "remove avatar", it just closes the window and navigates back to home page?

I still cannot change any profile photos or avatars.

Shaun

Attachments:
6 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Shaun,

Maybe this issue can be caused by specific user, would you mind provide that user, please?

thank you!

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Shaun
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

HI there Dimas,

I sent you a private message with the admin account and password that I am using when I experience this error.

Shaun

6 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Shaun,

THis issue caused by SEF configuration, I disabled it and you can upload avatar and cover..

Did you modify htaccess before? or configured the ACL or 3rd party to prevent some actions on your site?

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Shaun
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi there Dimas.

No I didnt configure .htaccess yet. Also I have not touched the acl or any 3rd party except for JSPT that I used a few years back.

My problem now is that you have disabled my SEF and I have now very bad seo and will lose ranks on Google?! How can I fix this?

Currently, this way is going to damage my rankings on Google by switching sef off? :(

Shaun

6 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Shaun,

I see the issue is coming from redirect configuration, when upload is on processing the action redirected to another page..did you setup the redirect config before?

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Shaun
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

HI there Dimas.

No i didnt touch any redirect configuration either. Other than webmaster telling the website to go from non www to www, which every website needs to do.

Please note that my SEF is still switched off after you changed it, and I am losing all my SEO and rankings that I have worked hard to get?

Please can you correct this? Its bad for my seo as I stated in the post before this one?

Shaun

6 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Shaun,

You can set SEF on again from Joomla configuration.

This issue can be caused by redirect non www to www configuration, I cant access your backend access right now, seems you changed the backend username/password?

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński