Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Upload Private Video using third party

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello,

I would like to upload a video to my Jomsocial Community, using Youtube, or another third party, we can´t upload the videos directly to our server due to performance issues.

My question is, which is the best way to upload a Private video, using Youtube or another tool??? I want the video to be displayed only for people logged in my community, the video can´t be public.

Thank you very much!

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Thank you for contacting us.
1. Upload your video on YT and set it to NON-Public (NOT PRIVATE! - private videos can't be linked in JomSocial)
2. Just post your YT video on JomSocial using video URL

That's all :) If you set your Community to by for members only - only them will be able to see the video.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello,

Thanks for the info.

The problem I see here is that if you guess the video URL, you could access to it. (I know it´s almost impossible, but due to legal reasons, we need to keep our videos safe)

I would prefer the video to be "more" protected, any ideas??

Thanks !!!

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Then only option will be to upload mp4 file directly to your site... but then you'll need FFMPEG library to convert it.
Even then smart users could check code and access file directly.

How you'll guess the YouTube video URL? :) It has ID at the end... ever tried to guess it? :)

There is no option to share thing in the Web and have 100% protection. Always smart user can access it as Internet is built on that principle; something must be available co client can download file on hd and run it in the browser. That is how it works.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smartbits Business IT Solutions SL
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński