Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Suggestion: Different "Number of displayed comments" for videos and albums

6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello. In backend "Number of displayed comments" set as "3".

I like how does 3 comments looks at stream (it's compact).

I would like to suggest: make an option to set another value for some stuff. For example, I would like to display 30 comments only at single video page and 30 album (so search system can see it all and index).

Thanks.

Sorry for my English
Attachments:
6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi.

Thank you for your suggestion, we cant promise this feature will be implemented soon.. but let we see.

cheers!

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello.
I suggested this option because:
1) I set up "Number of displayed comments" set as "3". I like how does 3 comments looks at stream (it's compact).
Result: Single video/album/discussion page display inside 3 comments too.
Users in 99% will want to read all comment in single video/album/discussion and will press this button (it annoing for him).

Result 2 more important: some user posted very unique and interested long comment. After that 3 other users posted comments.
But Google can't see first interested long comment (and in sourse code too) and can't index it :( So we lost unique and interested conted.

Thanks.

Sorry for my English
6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

This function right now only can be configured from "Number of displayed comments", we dont have plan to add more configuration for this.

thank you!

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi. May be you can provide me some tips, how to hack "Number of displayed comments" function to display 30 comments only at single video page and/or 30 album (so search system can see it all and index)? But in Stream still display 3 comments (like in backend settings "Number of displayed comments").

What file need to be edited?

Some user posted very unique and interested long comment. After that 3 other users posted shorts comments.
But Google can't see first interested long comment (and in sourse code too) and can't index it - seems google see only 3 latest comments :( So we lost unique and interested content (google doesn't respect it).

Thanks.

Sorry for my English
6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

YOu need modify views/videos/view.html.php, and look this variable $wallViewAll for the pointer

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Sorry, but I still didn't found the right way to edit it. Can you please provide tutorial?

I would like to display 30 comments only at single video page and 30 album (so search system can see it all and index).

Thanks.

Sorry for my English
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński