Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Videos Upload, Message Is Sent, File Is Stored - But are not listed

7 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:

I upload a video to a group, the file uploads properly, I get the java notification that the video is being processed.

The notification is sent to users of the group that there is a new video (I dont get notified)

They can see the video from the link, but the video is not listed under videos, it is not in the group's stream, but the link is always available.

I just installed FFMPEG to see if that does anything. But before I start testing I wanted to document this.

7 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Tried with ffmpeg, no go.

I have installed flvtool2, going by these requirement:

www.jomsocial.com/index.php?option=com_c...g-started&Itemid=109

Going to test now.

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

what FFMPEG version that installed at your server.
I saw your video setting using zencoder too.
if using zencoder no need to using FFMPEG anymore.

but you need to put Region at jomsocial S3 configuration
you can find the Region by visiting your bucket at AWS, browse to bucket and have a look at the URL.

My suggestion please using zencoder instead of FFMPEG. I can help you with the settings if you want, put I need to access your zencoder + S3. you can send it the detail to my email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Regards

7 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Albertus,

I removed ffmpeg and I also subscribed to zencoder, and removed test mode.

Please check now and let me know what else you need.

Thanks!

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

the zencoder still not properly setup yet.
you need to follow:
app.zencoder.com/docs/guides/getting-started/working-with-s3

if you need me to tackle this issue more faster, please send me S3 and zencoder login detail to my email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Regards

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please try again. I put this bucket policy to AWS:
app.zencoder.com/docs/guides/getting-started/working-with-s3

and remove region value from S3 configuration at jomsocial. some bucket need region and some not. not sure why AWS did this.

and for any failled upload videos please delete that video from jomsocial backend. the user need to re-upload it again.

FYI:
make sure the cron job has been setup propery at your server. because zencoder triggered by cron job. for manualy cron job, you can do it from jomsocial backend > monitor > mail queue

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński