Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Automatic Redirecting to Photo Album after login

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I have an issue on my website that is very frustrating to my users. When I create photo albums, I create them so they can be accessible only by members of the site. However, if I post a link to an album such as this www.mysoulrebel.com/mysrp/index.php/photos/album?albumid=1139 , I get a message saying "You are not allowed to access this section." but does not contain any links or buttons to register or login. It's just a page with a message and no possible action can be taken. One of the goals of posting pictures on my site is that I want to grow the user registration base and force people to register and login. However, because of this unfriendly landing page, users just get frustrated and go back to Facebook or wherever they were before. What can be done to provide a login and/or register/login form or button on this page that will help be in converting casual site browsers to registered members ? Thanks.

- CW

7 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Chris ,

I suggest you put login module on your site, and put it on all pages.. and then enable jomsocial redirect plugin, set "Redirect back to previous page" to Yes

I hope it will help

thank you!

7 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks for your response. I tried your recommendation and it worked but I have a couple follow up questions.

1) I don't want the login module to appear on every page. I only want it to appear on the page(s) that state "You are not allowed to access this section" ? How can I accomplish this ?
2) The login module that is presented does not have the option to login with Facebook. How do I add a login module that has both regular login and login with Facebook ? Thanks.

- CW

7 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Chris,

1. I am sorry this is not possible right now, you need hack the code to achive it.

2. You should use hellome login module, with it you will get the FBC button.

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński