Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Video Uploads Issue

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY: Can't upload videos above a few mb's

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT File Type is unsupported.
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER: Firefox, Chrome, IE

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I cannot access your backend and frontend, got error related with joomla that cannot write to log file.
please provide me FTP access detail.
you can put any credentials information by editing your first post at this topic. put it at site info form, it's private.

Regards

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

I am so sorry. I created an account for you but forgot to assign you Super User permissions. Access should be available now.

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

where is FTP access detail? I need it because I got this error:

Regards

Attachments:
7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Talk about wasting your time ... and mine. My mistake because I didn't change the password in the original post. It is correct now and since I have tested your access and found it working you shouldn't have a problem accessing it now. Sorry about that.

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Just to save time, I have changed my php settings to include the instructions given by Albertus in another post from a few days ago.

"please increase this parameters at PHP configuration:
max_execution_time from 30 to 3000
max_input_time fromt 60 to 6000"

This had no effect either. Also, my server people say there isn't anything wrong at the server end.

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

still cannot login to your site.
could you please turn off System - User Log plugin first?

and it would be great if you can provide me FTP access detail. you can put any credentials information at site info form, by editing your first post at this topic. or send it to my email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Regards

Attachments:
7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Email is on it's way. Thanks

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

I found my problem on my own .... wow, it was so easy too. The fix is simple enough and for everyone's benefit here's what I did.

Firstly I followed instructions given to other people in other threads who were having the same issue. Nothing worked. Then I spent some time reading my php.ini. There is a setting called "post_max_size" which on my php.ini was set to 8M. I changed it to 1024 (for now) and uploaded a 65mb video which previously hadn't worked. I always got an error, "File Type is not Supported."

Now it works. The setting in my server is in the php.ini ADVANCED.

Hopefully this is helpful for everyone. I will be playing with the numbers for the next few days to see what works best since I only plan to allow 200mb files.

Thanks for Albertus for you work and great support even though I caused a headache and we ended up working on different sites. I am embarrassed about that but now I am so proud of myself. lol

The following user(s) said Thank You: Albertus
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński