Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Amazon S3 has changed - will not take your bucket policy as written

8 years 4 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Allen
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:

Please bear with me as I am trying to write this as detailed as I can. If you need clarification please don't hesitate to ask. I am recovering from a major brain injury and sometimes I will miss a very simple step. I have been going around with this for days and hate to bother for fear of missing a simple step.

I went to your documentation on Amazon S3 for Zencoder. It took me two days to figure out where the S3 is.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1: I logged on to S3 and was immediately greeted by a screen very different from what the documentation shows... I fumble around until I get to my screen of buckets.

2: I edit your script as needed in notepad and came up with this. (my bucket changed to a null name for security reasons in forum)

{
  "Id": "ZencoderBucketPolicy",
  "Statement": [
    {
      "Sid": "Stmt1295042087538",
      "Effect": "Allow",
      "Principal": {
        "AWS": "arn:aws:iam::395540211253:root"
      },
      "Action": ["s3:PutObject", "s3:GetObject", "s3:PutObjectAcl", "s3:GetBucketLocation", "s3:ListBucketMultipartUploads", "s3:ListMultipartUploadParts"],
      "Resource": "arn:aws:s3:::mybucketnamewashere/*"
    }
  ]
}

=============

3: I get this error...

I'm doing exactly what you guys say in the docs... please help.

Allen

RESULT

Would not take my pucket bolicy

EXPECTED RESULT

I could upload the funnel cloud pics from my camera I got during the storm

BROWSER

Internet

8 years 4 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi, Allen.

I just changed bucket URL - added placeholder instead of full URL.
And it seems that images are loaded from bucket:

derbycityusa.s3.amazonaws.com/images/cov...0f4f6d4fe6ee7f76.jpg

derbycityusa.s3.amazonaws.com/images/ava...21e.jpg?_=1460973567

I did a test.
Uploaded new cover and after upload it's loaded from local:
i.imgur.com/vUiFHbx.png

Ran cron job and 1 cover file was transferred i.imgur.com/rnah2eK.png

And cover is now loaded from S3: i.prntscr.com/827017a24f404465b19ae34d9aa29467.png

After test I restored previous cover. It was also transferred to S3: i.imgur.com/F9alS3p.png

I can't recall that in out documentation we mentioned about Bucket Policy... I mean in our documentation here: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Setting_up_Amazon_S3

I'm not sure if this policy is needed for JS-S3 integration...

So everything seems to work just fine...

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 4 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Allen
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I don't think you read this right. It's not at all for the photos... photos and uploading of those files are working perfectly.

I need the bucket to have that policy so that brightcove's zencoder can encode video files. Nothing above has anything to do with the problem I am having.

The documentation I am referencing is documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/ZenCode...mazon_S3_Integration

I can assure you this is not out of date as your config options for Zencoder has this exact link to document what is needing done.

Allen

8 years 4 weeks ago
Licenses:

HI, Allen.

Ah, now I understand. Sorry...
Please, try to use Zencoder documentation from here: app.zencoder.com/docs/guides/getting-started/working-with-s3

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 4 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Allen
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

My apologies to you... I never would have thought to look at Zencoder's docs in a million years since your system pointed me to docs on your end. Amazon is much like facebook... you get used to doing something one way and they go and change it on you.

I have went around in circles with this for over two weeks now... and it was right in front of my face on the OTHER end. Anyhow... we got ffmpeg working on the server now so I don't have to pay to transcode my files now which is a bigger win than getting this to work.

Thank you for all your help. This is truly what makes Jomsocial THE BEST PRODUCT. Patience with the customers and quality help.

Allen

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński