Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Video upload from phone and computer issue

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY: I do not see where I can upload personal videos from my phone or computer to my jomsocial videos page

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Attempting to upload a personal video from my phone or computer to my jomsocial videos page.
3 A box pops up making me choose from the list shown below of myspace, flicker, youtube etc. There is no option to upload a video from my phone or computer directly to my jomsocial.
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

Attachments:
8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Charles.

Please, make sure that you enabled videos upload here: Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Videos -> Video configuration:

i.imgur.com/RuuaeaF.png

If you want to upload videos, you'll need to have FFMPEG library installed on your server and provide path to it in JomSocial video configuration. Finally define cron job on your server to process videos.

Please, read this for more information: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Video_L..._Upload_Requirements

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hello Michal,

Can you please check my backend to see if I set this up correctly? If not can you please correct the issue?

Thank you,

Charles

8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Charles.

Please provide us working administrator credentials.
I can't login to your site.
Please, edit your first post and add credentials to corresponding fields.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

8 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:

The credentials should work. Do you have any status on this issue?

Thank you,

Charles

8 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi.

When you click on video option in post box it should appear two vide upload options: i.imgur.com/LWq2fg0.png
Just click on the marked one.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński