Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Privacy of uploaded photo

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

When users upload a photo, her privacy is set to public by default while in backend's setting say "firends". it has to be only friends.

(see attachments).

When i upload a video, it respect the backend's setting (only friends).

Is that a bug ?

Regards

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xristoph Conrad
8 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Kangourou,

Seems this is a bug, I will report to our developer.

thank you!

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ok, can you keep me in touch!

Best regards

8 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I will give you the patch once this issue fixed

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks!!

8 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

you're welcome :)

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I comming back because my site is open and some privacy issues appears...As for uploaded photo, when someone from an other group and none friend upload an event or become a friend wtih another member (no friend to), every members can see that in his stream activity (set up to all activities). It don't respect the back end's privacy setting (friends only and all groups are pivate).

I have to disable all activity to respect privacy and so there is no activity at all on group or profile....

Help!!!

Ps : If stream activity is set to "group", we don't see what happens in other groups or members, is there a bug with stream activity on "all activities"

8 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

I test it on your site by using "support" account, and I dont see any stream there

well regarding the bug, I will let you know once the developer fix this, we are on holiday right now, I promise.

thank you

Attachments:
8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

When i saw this, i have deleted all stream activities in jomsocial's backend. It is the only stream activity.

For uploaded photo and others, i have disabled activity in "points and activities".

Support account is an admin account, myabe you want use a common user account, i left you account's credential in "misc information".

For exemple : user created an group's event and user's test which isn't friend and from a different group can see it

Attachments:
8 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Kangourou,

Use T5 user, but I cant see anything on stream

thank you!

Attachments:
8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

It's normal because i set default's activity stream on "me and friends". If you change it in the back end to all activities, you will see others activities.

I'm sorry for that....The site is open so i did this setting to control privacy between all users...

I have assigned "support" to admin's users for back end, you can go on :)

8 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Kangourou,

I seem you are using old Jomsocial version, please you upgrade to the latest version 4.1.4 for fixing this, if this issue still happens please you create new topic, because this issue is not related with photos privacy issue.

thank you!

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I can't upgrade my version of jomsocial because of my template...it's not comptable for now. They are working on a new version. I will wait for this new one and if issues are still here, i will open a new topic!

Ps : Let me known about the patch.

Merry christmas!

8 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

sure..

happy holiday !

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński