Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Photos are taking VERY long to upload into: mails, albums,activity streams.

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I saved a copy of all the files you listed. But i didn't delete originals.
2) I uploaded the fix to public_html root folder.

1) This fixed the issue with the posting photos on group walls.

2) It DID NOT fix the issue with uploading photos to "group discussions".
3) It DID NOT fix the issue with the uploading photos in "private messages".

:(

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Please, read your original report: www.jomsocial.com/forum/photos-videos/28...?limitstart=0#139161

You didn't mentioned it apply to group discussions and private messages.

Nevertheless I'll ask developer to provide fix.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sébastien
8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Yes, It didn't work with group discussions and private messages.
I'll be waiting for this fix so I can turn back on sh404SEF because my site fell down on rankings.
Thank you.

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Please, make safe copy of this files:

components/com_community/assets/release/js/bundle.js
components/com_community/assets/source/js/popups/file.upload.js
components/com_community/controllers/files.php

Then upload content of package to main Joomla! folder on your server.

Finally clear browser cache and check if everything is fine.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello Michal

Is this a fix for 4.1? I updated to 4.1
I thought if I updated to new JS version this problem would be fixed. But users are reporting same issue in discussions and private messages. Please let me know if this patch is for 4.1 as I tested a few minutes ago and can not ad photos to discussions or private messages but group wall is working now.

Regards,
Seb

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I uploaded as instructed and this crash my whole front page with the slideshow and the whole site didn't want to finish loading I tested with admin tools disabled.
Also this shows up in Chrome console as javascript error :
/components/com_community/assets/release/js/bundle.js?_=1443869683150

PLease help with this issue it's been over a month and no solution :( I need a working patch for 4.1 that is compatible with sh404SEF ,photos don't upload in : discussions, private messages
It works on group wall.

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Sebastien.

I assign developer to this thread.

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I cannot access administrator page. always redirecting to frontend.
please edit your first post at this topic. and put valid URL at site info form.

Regards

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Please try again now.

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Sebastien.

Please, don't escalate thread when you in conversation with developer. It make thread to disappear from his TODO list whet creates delays in developer response.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sébastien
8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please check it. after I turn off/on joomla cache. and clear all cache (joomla and template)
I can attaching the photo:

Could you please make sure it again?

Regards

Attachments:
8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,
It worked because sh404SEF was off. I just tested.
I can't add photos to discussions, private messages.

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please report this issue to sh404SEF
the issue from they side.
sh404SEF having jomsocial configuration, seem that configuration not 100% works

you can turn off sh404SEF for jomsocial only:

or playing with this configuration:

Regards

Attachments:
8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello Al,
I know this function exist but that would defeats the purpose, I spent money to get sh404SEF to optimized jomsocial URL's instead of routing everything through jomsocial and creating long URLS .

Please see my discussion. This has been over 1 month since this problem occured. I still can't believe that jomsocial doesn't work with sh404SEF. If you read my comments here, I've talked to Yannik at Sh404SEF and gave him a whole copy of my site and he finally realized it was in Jomsocial coding issue. He contacted Jomsocial's lead developer. Your team provided two non functional patches.
The update from 4.09 to 4.1 helped with the group activity stream but still doesn't work for the other two I mentioned.
I think there should be a colaboration between the two companies because both are big in the Joomla world. Every website owner will use Sh404SEF when they need better SEF. I think you should provide a patch that works.

Please see my conversation here ===> weeblr.com/helpdesk/sh404sef/880-can-not...alls-and-discussions

Got a reply from the owner this night, and she sent me to the project manager. I emailed him minutes ago:
Hi Sinisa,

I am Yannick, I develop sh404SEF. Merav asked that I contacted you regarding an issue we uncovered on one of our customers site, using Jomsocial 4.0.9.

The issue first appeared when a user tries to upload a photo to a group wall. The uploader would be stuck, the photo preview never showing and the photo never uploaded.

The issue would appear only when sh404SEF was enabled, and so the customer was thinking that it was caused by sh404SEF. Jomsocial support also very immediately said that it was sh404SEF fault.

After much digging in your javascript, the problem found is actually a very common one. You're using relative URLs to fetch content from the site.

For example, in the group wall photo uploaders, the javascript in bundle.js makes a request to:

index.php?option=com_community&view=photos&task=ajaxPreview&no_html=1&tmpl=component&groupid=20

instead of prefixing the URL with JURI::base().

The resulting URL fetched by the browser is therefore:

/sandbox/t880/Business/america/index.php?option=com_community&view=photos&task=ajaxPreview&no_html=1&tmpl=component&groupid=20

With Joomla router, which does not behaves properly according to SEO standard, this URL is ok and you can get your content. With a SEO oriented extension such as sh404SEF, of course we cannot accept this invalid URL and fire a 404.

After much more digging, we found the following fix:

- in /components/com_community/assets/release_32/js/bundle.js, replace:

var b="index.php?option=com_community&view=photos&task=ajaxPreview"

with

var b=joms.BASE_URL + "index.php?option=com_community&view=photos&task=ajaxPreview"

This fixes the problem for the group wall uploader, but the customer reported it happens in other locations, like a user uploading a photo to their wall.

Merav mentioned an issue you have already solved ( github.com/jomsocial/JomSocial/issues/457 ) but I can't access it, so I won't know if it's already solved.

Please review your javascript to be sure only absolute URLs are used whenever you fetch some content from javascript.

I look forward to hearing from you quickly.

Rgds

Yannick Gaultier

@weeblr

weeblr.com

This is terrible, almost two months and no solutions. I purchased sh404SEF specifically to help with all these jomsocial URL's

:(

Seb

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński