Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Video and profile image links are broken

8 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ewoud
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
Somewhere during 1 of the JS 4+ upgrades several images of all the videos and user profile covers are broken. I do not know during which upgrade this happened but on a local installation with a backup of JS 4.0.1 all images are still ok but on my live site with JS 4.0.6 the images are broken.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Go to www.driverz.club/community/ewoudv/profile . You will see my profile with a broken cover image. The url is www.driverz.club/images/cover/profile/63...8bc21768b318c51b.jpg but it should be s3.amazonaws.com/testdriveunlimited/imag...8bc21768b318c51b.jpg . So it tries to load from my local server instead of amazon S3.
2 Go to www.driverz.club/community/videos/display . You will see all images are broken. For example go to www.driverz.club/community/videos/video/...-the-crew?groupid=54 . The url of the image is s3.amazonaws.com/testdriveunlimited/imag...umbs/F9u7bPQwhJE.jpg but it should be s3.amazonaws.com/testdriveunlimited/imag...umbs/QloWWUluncp.jpg . So the image name has changed.

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Ewoud.

Please, first post domain change request here:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/billing-issues

Then - after request will be accepted - edit your first post here and provide your site credentials.
Make sure that thread will have "Pending Support" status so it will appear on my TODO list.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ewoud
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michal,

Domain has been changed and site credentials are now corrected.

Regards,
Ewoud

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Ewoud.

Please, edit your first post and also provide password for first protection layer. I can't bypass it to admin login form.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

8 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ewoud
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michal,

Sorry for that. I have now temporarily disabled the extra protection layer.

Regards,
Ewoud

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Ewoud.

Issue with profile cover and S3 is a known bug:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/profile-universa...y-cover-photo#126233

But video thumbnails issue seems to be new one. I assign developer to investigate it and decide if it's also a bug related with linked above.

8 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ewoud
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the update on this. I will keep an eye on this topic and hope your developer will find the cause of the issue.

Regards,
Ewoud

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Ewoud,

for video, please try from jomsocial backend > videos > all videos, and click fetch thumbnails button.

Regards

8 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ewoud
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Albertus,

Thanks for the tip. This made my thumbnails appear again.

Unfortunately still no luck with the User Profile cover images. I upgraded to 4.0.7 but still no luck. The image is still loaded from the webserver instead of Amazon. I also tried the link Michal suggested but it completely broke my site when I changed that line of code.

Regards,
Ewoud

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

HI Ewoud,

could you please provide me cpanel/phpmyadmin access detail? I need to have a look at database.
you can put any credentials information at site info form, by editing your first post at this topic.

Regards

8 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ewoud
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Albertus,

Unfortunately I cannot give you cpanel access as you probably understand. But I can make an export of the database and sent it to you. Maybe that's an idea?

Regards,
Ewoud

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Ewoud,

yes it can. but in zip format.

Regards

8 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ewoud
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Albertus,

Where can I sent it to? I do not want add it to this topic because then everybody will be able to download the attachment.

Regards,
Ewoud

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Ewoud,

sorry. you can send it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński