Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Photo Categories and Subcategories

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Hayden
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

This is such a MAJOR oversight and error.....JomSocial STILL does not have Photo Categories and Subcategories! How can JomSocial continue to release new versions WITHOUT SOLVING THIS error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think about this......You build a community with thousands of users, they add photos into albums and THE ALBUMS ONLY SORT BY LAST IN at the top! WHAT!

Now I Have 5,000+ photos and in over 500 photo albums and NO ONE CAN FIND anything. They have to scroll through the albums. Yes, we have search, yes we have tags, but come on, that is NOT THE BEST WAY.

You as a programmer for JomSocial have to recognize that having NO PHOTO CATEGORIES and Photo subcategory is a serious error and mistake. RIGHT?

If not, then show me a link to a JomSocial community with thousands of users and thousands of photos albums that are organizers. YOU CANT DO IT.....you need photo categories and photo subcategories.

Please tell me you have a plan to fix this. I have been asking for this soine 2009. IT IS NOW 2015

Hayden

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Hayden,

I suggest you to vote this feature request at:
uservoice.jomsocial.com/forums/101561-jo...77484-album-category

and I assign this topic to jomsocial product manager.

Regards

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Hayden
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I have added this here:

uservoice.jomsocial.com/forums/101561-jo...ries-seriously-neede

I have posted, written and talked about this mistake for years. It is 2015, and it is TIME to FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

copy of my post

Photo Categories and Subcategories seriously needed, Fix this ERROR

I have been asking for Photo Categories since 2009. The JomSocial team says do it with Tags. That is crazy. They say use the photo search. Come on! Imagine 2,000 members who each add 2 photo albums with 10 photos, you now have 4,000 albums and 20,000 photos IN NO ORDER and in NO CATEGORIES and SUBCATEGORIES. The photos are sorted by LAST IN! That is just crazy. Now, imagine this same photo collection with categories, then the members can focus in on like minded subjects.

This is a serious ERROR and oversight on the JomSocial team, I am serious. If someone figures out how to make a patch or a hack to JonSocial to fix this silly mistake, they would make a fortune because EVERYONE WANTS PHOTO CATEGORIES and SUBCATEGORIES. PLEASE FIX THIS.

Everyone....please vote this to the top, you know as well as I do this is missing and it is needed.

votes
3 votes
HaydenHayden shared this idea · January 03, 2015 · Delete…

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Hayden
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Here is a challenge. TRY TO CREATE MY 10,500+ photo collection by a community USING JOMSOCIAL, you cant do it.

Try this...look at this model I built in 1999!!!!!!!!!!!!! It still works today. This is HOW you do community photo collections. You allow the ADMINS to set up the categories and the sub categories. Admins set and build the structure. The users then add photos into the structure. Guess What? The collection is NOW organized and works for ever!

JomSocial needs this...see my model:

www.IPphotos.com
built in 1999 with APS.....you still cant do this with JomSocial................WHY????? Because you do not have photo categories and subcategories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 years 4 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Hayden,

Jomsocial is a social networking application and by design it does not have categories for photos it has albums. It isn't a fault it simply doesn't do it!
A simple solution would be to create public groups and give them the category names, then in those groups add albums and photos. if a user joins the group they can discuss, like, comment share all within that category (group) that would be a very advanced way to categorize all your photos. and can be done now as an out of the box install :)

8 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Hayden
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I have given up on this jomsocial error. It will never be added even though you can see it is needed. Categories were built into groups, events and videos, it was missed in photos. I have asked for and waited for this since 2009. Niw I have a solution that really works.

Go to www.simbunch.com and install Mike Fengs Sim Gallery, then replace the jomsocial gallery with SimGallery. It provides photo categories and sub categories. It is THE ANSWER TO THIS KNOWN ISSUE.

I just built a 16,500 photo collection with 1,950 albums sorted into categories. You cannot do that with sto k JomSocial. Thus problem has been solved. You can close this item.

Hayden

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński